Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Rapper Killer Mike tearfully tells Atlanta protesters: "I am tired of seeing black men die"


In an emotional speech, rapper Killer Mike addressed George Floyd protesters directly at Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms' news conference tonight.
"I am the son of an Atlanta police officer," said the rapper, whose real name is Michael Render.  "And I got a lot of love and respect for police officers, down to the original eight police officers in Atlanta." 
Crying on camera, he continued: "I watched a white police officer assassinate a black man. And I know that tore your heart out." 
"I woke up wanting to see the world burn down yesterday because I am tired of seeing black men die," he said. "We don't want to see Targets burning. We want to see the system that sets up for systemic racism burned to the ground."
He added, "I am duty-bound to be here to simply say that it is your duty not to burn your own house down for anger with an enemy. It is your duty to fortify your own house in times of organization." 
He concluded by thanking Mayor Lance Bottoms, saying he appreciated her telling the protesters to go home. 
Watch:
https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-05-30-20/h_d54a9d21d4786c35e0ae673a620c9495

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.