Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Van de Beek to honour Nouri by wearing 34 at Man Utd

 


Donny van de Beek will play with the number 34 on his back at Manchester United in tribute to his close friend Abdelhak Nouri.

Nouri and Van de Beek came through the Ajax academy together and grew to be very close friends.

In 2017, it struck Van de Beek hard when Nouri suffered a heart attack and permanent brain damage, which ended his football career.

As a tribute, Van de Beek will wear number 34 at Manchester United, which was Nouri’s number at Ajax.

Speaking to the Manchester United website, Van de Beek said, “This is something special for me, because of my good friend Abdelhak Nouri … maybe you know the story. I have a very close relationship with his family and his brother is one of my best friends. That’s why I chose his old number on my shirt.”

Goalkeeper Dean Henderson was 34 at Manchester United, but he has allowed Van de Beek to have his number.

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.