Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Kufre Effiong breaks silence on murder of job-seeker Imoren in Akwa-Ibom

 


Kufre Effiong has finally broken silence after a report by renowned journalist, David Hundeyin linked him to the murder of Iniobong Umoren – the job-seeking Akwa Ibom lady killed by Uduak Frank Akpan.


David Hundeyin, in his report, accused the Akwa Ibom police of trying to cover up the murder of Umoren because it was carried out by a well-connected criminal gang.


Hundeyin had claimed that Kufre Effiong, who is a senior civil servant working at the Niger Delta Ministry headed by Senator Godswill Akpabio, was in contact with Uduak before his arrest.


Hundeyin claimed that the police must arrest Kufre and get other top members of the alleged well-connected criminal gang.


However, Kufre Effiong has now come out to reveal all he knows about the case via a Facebook Post.


An excerpt from the statement reads, “My name is Kufre Effiong. I am aware of some social media publications attempting to link me up with the gruesome murder of Late Ms. INIOBONG UMOREN.

“Consequently, I am left with no other option than to make this public statement narrating my role in the trending subject and this I do, not to convince or change the predetermined positions and conviction of people who are bent on imputing ills even on the best of human’s intention for I have already warned myself that no matter how hard and loudly the truth speaks for itself, there are some who would prefer and give themselves to alternative facts. I leave such men and women in the hands of God, time, and posterity.


“The day was Friday, 30th of April, 2021, and the time was about 2 pm when I was called by my Dad who lives in Lagos, asking whether I have seen a trending article on social media linking Uduak (who is my cousin) with a kidnap case.


“Not long afterward, another cousin of mine who is incidentally the Chairman of Uruan Local Government Council called to intimate me on the same social media circulations and requested me to come to his house as Uduak’s father, Mr. Frank Akpan has been reportedly arrested on account that the son, Uduak has absconded.


“Accordingly, the suspect was taken to Police custody where interrogations and thorough investigations are being carried out by the Police and the sister law enforcement agencies. I have no doubt that the suspect would have made useful statements to the Police to guide their further actions on the matter.


“Unfortunately, social media has been overflowing with so many damaging publications trying to link me up with the crime and further extending it beyond the specific incidence of Late Ms Umoren to an atrocious trade on human parts.


“As a human, I am deeply saddened and devastated by the turnout of the event as all the three of us namely the DPO, the Council Chairman, and myself who facilitated the arrest of the suspect are now facing false, malicious, and damaging media attack trying desperately to link us with the offense in respect of which we made lots of sacrifices to ensure the suspect got into the Police net where he is currently being detained, interrogated and investigated.


“Notwithstanding the above, honestly being my role in the matter and my conscience being crystal clear, if any person or group of persons know more than the Police do or possess within their exclusive preserves, any evidence linking me or anyone else with the criminal act of Uduak Frank Akpan, they should freely approach the Police authority and make useful disclosures on such information rather than submerge the public media with speculative allegations aimed at constituting media trials and securing street convictions for very responsible persons who played sensitive and critical roles leading to the arrest of the suspect by the Police.”

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.