Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Venita: ‘Quitting my marriage, toughest decision’

 


Venita Akpofure and her ex-husband finalized their divorce in 2019.


Venita Akpofure, a Nollywood actress and former Big Brother Naija housemate revealed in a recent interview that leaving her marriage was the hardest decision in her life.


She revealed it was indeed tough.



Speaking with a correspondent, Venita said;


“One of the toughest decisions I have made was leaving my marriage.


It became known to the public about seven months after I had moved out of my matrimonial home.


I am grateful that I had a great support system that really helped me through that period.


Being a single mother is not easy, especially if one works a lot.


I had to multi-task to make sure I’m there for my kids.


I don’t consider being in the limelight as a fulfillment. Fulfillment, for me, comes from within, which is when I am meeting personal goals and providing for my kids.”



The former Big Brother Naija contestant also stated that celebrities have the responsibility of cautioning their fans when they use hate words or victimize others on the Internet.



She said;


“Social media is toxic.


There are some things I believe people should be responsible for.


For example, if I have a fan base that spews hate online, I would call them to order, but some people feel they don’t owe that social responsibility to anyone.


But, they do.


I am not afraid to offend any fan on that basis.


I am quite outspoken and I don’t hide my feelings.


As a matter of fact, I think it is the social responsibility of celebrities to caution their fans.”

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.