Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

My wife beats me, poisoned my food twice – Husband tells court

 



A 23-year-old marriage between a clergyman, Dele Adewale, and his wife, Favour, has been divorce after the husband told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos, Lagos State, that his wife beat and poisoned his food twice.


The court president, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, who granted Adewale’s request of divorce, held that it was imperative he did so due to lack of compatibility.


“The court has come to the conclusion that the marriage between the couple had broken down irretrievable, therefore, the dissolution of their marriage is needful.


“It is proper for both parties to go their separate ways since they are tired of their marriage while all efforts to reconcile them failed.


“The court hereby pronounces the marriage between Dele and Favour Adewale dissolved today. Both of you henceforth cease to be husband and wife, ”he said.


Koledoye gave custody of their third and fourth children to Favour and ordered Adewale to pay N10, 000 monthly for their feeding.


Adewale was ordered to pay a severance allowance of N150,000 to his wife and also pay N200,000 to enable her get an apartment.


The 52-year-old told the court that his wife of 23 years wanted him dead.


Ad

According to Adewale: “She poisoned my food twice. My wife forced me to abandon my house due to her threat to kill me.


“She is violent in nature. She hits me.


Favour denied poisoning her husband’s food.


“I never poisoned his food nor hit him, ”she said.


The 48-year-old trader said that her husband was an irresponsible father.


The mother of four told the court that her husband abandoned their matrimonial home for two years.

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.