Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Havertz has sights on World Cup glory with Germany after latest Chelsea trophy

 


After winning the Club World Cup for Chelsea, Kai Havertz said he wanted to end the year as a world champion with Germany.

Kai Havertz has his sights set on World Cup glory with Germany after securing the Club World Cup for Chelsea on Sunday. 


A penalty in extra-time from Havertz, who scored the winning goal in last season's Champions League final, saw Chelsea get their hands on the Club World Cup for the first time in their history thanks to a 2-1 win over Palmeiras in Abu Dhabi. 


The 22-year-old insisted he is focused on fighting for silverware on another four fronts with the Blues this season.


However, he has an eye on success with Germany at Qatar 2022 in December as well.


"Without a doubt, I want to be a World Cup winner this year," Havertz told Bild. 


"In the upcoming games with the national team, it's important to show yourself. 


"Nevertheless, I'm focused on the here and now with Chelsea. We can still the win the Premier League, Champions League, the EFL Cup final against Liverpool, and the FA Cup. We have big goals." 


Real Madrid and Barcelona had been credited with an interest in Havertz before he joined Chelsea in September 2020 for a reported £71million. 


Havertz is a fan of Spanish football but has no doubt picking the Premier League has enabled him to develop significantly despite stiff competition for game time at Stamford Bridge. 


"For me personally, the step to the Premier League was the right one. A lot of pundits saw me in LaLiga back then," said Havertz. 


"I like Spanish football a lot, but I'm also convinced that the Premier League has shaped me a lot in recent months and helped me progress. 


"When you play for a club like Chelsea, the competition is fierce. I was aware of that from the start. 


"Nothing is given to anyone. However, I'm convinced that if I play, I will repay the trust." 

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.