Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Manchester United Have Completed The Signing Of Porto's Right Back "Diogo Dalot"


Manchester United have completed their first deal of the summer transfer window.
The Red Devils have announced the signing of Diogo Dalot from FC Porto on a five-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year.

The 19-year-old only made eight appearances for the Portuguese giants at senior level, but has sufficiently impressed with Porto B and at underage level for Portugal (he made the Team of the Tournament for the 2016 Euro U17s, which Portugal won) to catch the eye of compatriot Jose Mourinho.


  • “Diogo is an extremely talented young defender with all the qualities to quickly become a great player for this club” , Mourinho

said upon signing the full-back. “He has all the attributes that a full-back needs: physicality, tactical intelligence and technical quality.”


  • “In his age group, he is the best full-back in Europe and we all believe he has a bright future ahead of him at Manchester United.”


Dalot represents some important pre-World Cup business for United, who were in need of full-back recruitment, given the ages of Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young, and the unsure futures of Matteo Darmian and Luke Shaw.

While a right back by trade, Dalot is willing to shift across the back-line if needs be, as he told the club’s official website in his first interview in United colours when asked about the left back position.


  • “Yeah, I prefer to play at right-back, but if I need to play in any position, I will play, no problem” , he stated.


  • “I know that this is one of the best clubs in the world and it is unbelievable to be here and I hope to achieve great things. I’m very excited. For me, [Premier League] is one of the biggest leagues in the world and I’m excited to play there.


  • “I have grown up in Porto’s Academy and I am so thankful for everything they have done for me. But the chance of coming to the biggest club in the world is something I just couldn’t turn down.


  • “Just expect that I will give everything for this club, for this shirt and, hopefully, help the club to win. That’s the most important thing.”

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.