Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Couple Dubbed 'Fred & Rose West' Jailed For 36 Years For R-ping Three Girls


A twisted married couple dubbed the 'Fred and Rose West' of their town have been locked up for r-ping three "vulnerable" teenage girls.

Peter Griffiths, 65, will spend 21 years behind bars, while wife Avril, 61, was handed a 15-year sentence by a judge today.

The pair, from Barry, south Wales, abused the young women in a number of locations, including on a boat and in an 'A-Team van'.

One victim said during their trial: "Everyone hated them. They were the Fred and Rose West of the town people would avoid them."

After they were jailed, police revealed they were investigating further allegations made against the couple by two more people.

Victim impact statements read at Cardiff Crown Court, heard how the couple had destroyed the three girls' lives, left them with mental scars and forced them to turn to drink or drugs to numb their pain.

One described in harrowing detail how she had turned to cannabis and heroin as she could not cope with what they had put her through.

“I blamed myself for a long time," she said in the statement read out by prosecutor Caroline Rees.

“I feel like a child. I cry constantly and I cannot forget what happened to me.

“For almost 30 years I have been dealing with the mental torture of what Peter and Avril did to me.”

The court heard how another of the victims had also turned to heroin to try and numb her emotions.

She said: “I think they could see my vulnerability which is why they targeted me.
“I feel like I am fighting my demons on a daily basis.

“I have never discussed what happened to me with anyone, not even my partner."

While the third victim said in a statement: “I am still scared of them and I hate that.

“I have begun self-harming again.

“My health at the moment isn’t good…due to the stress of the court case.

“I have flashbacks. I just want to feel normal. I don’t want to be tearful and scared.”

Prosecutor Ms Rees said: “The abuse has had a devastating impact on each of their lives.”

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.