Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

God Told Me To Change My Name From Bandana To Shatta Wale


Shatta Wale has revealed that God told him to change his name from Bandana to his present name, as he recounted how he was struggling in the music industry before the name change in 2013.

According to the Ghanaian singer, he prayed to God to help him bounce back in the industry and heard a voice telling him to change his name from Bandana to Shatta Wale.

“I felt this music wey I feel say you go be like Lil Wayne and Jay Z, the system no dey like that for here. You know the way Ghana music sometimes you have to hustle promoters to pay you and stuff so I was really struggling. So I woke up and just prayed to God. I said God I beg you, if you will give me another chance for this thing because the way man dey suffer, you for give me an idea (sic),” he said on Joy FM.

Further narrating how God spoke to him to change his name, Shatta Wale said: “All what I heard from God was, change your name. And I was like, but Bandana be cool o so I go fi change.

“And He was like, I changed peoples’ names in the Bible and so if you can also change your name, I believe I can push you up. So I said what can I add to the Wale to make it strong, the only word that I could spell in my mind was Shatta. And Shatta in Jamaica is like real bad one. You know, somebody that people fear,” he added.

Shatta Wale has been one of Ghana’s biggest artistes in the last couple of years, having held numerous sold-out shows.

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.