Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Onazi Considers Playing In The NPFL


Nigerian midfielder Ogenyi Onazi says there is the possibility that he might play in the Nigeria Professional Football League  (NPFL) before retiring.
Onazi never played in the NPFL but featured for the youth teams of El Kanemi Warriors and My People FM.
He then joined the youth team of Serie A club Lazio where he spent two years (2011- 2012).
Speaking on Smooth FM Lagos from his base in Turkey, when asked if he can play in the Nigerian top flight, Onazi said: “There is the possibility because right now the NFF are trying their best and they can do better. There are other African leagues that are even doing more.”
“It’s not a bad option, one can come back home and do something. I don’t mind I think I an someone who can do that.”
The 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner also said he is not through with international football, that he is ready to play again for the country if invited.
He was part of the Eagles squad to the 2018 FIFA World Cup but was dropped from last year’s AFCON due to injury.
The 26-year-old said: “This is my country I cannot say no when my country calls me to come and play. I’m back and fit and ready to play any time I’m called upon.”
Onazi currently plays for Denizlispor whom he joined in 2020 from Trabzonspor.

Source:  CompleteSports

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.