Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Rivers State Governor, Governor Wike Reacts To Rumours About His Presidential Ambition


Finally, the Rivers State Governor, Governor Nyesom Wike has reacted to rumors about him contesting for the presidency in 2023.

According to him, all these rumors are false adding that it is too early to start playing 2023 politics.
He reacted to these rumors when he spoke on Arise Television indicated that in the build-up to the 2019 general election, rumors circulated that he wanted to be running mate to the Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal.
In his submission, he said;
“In 2018 to 2019 when I was supporting my friend, it was speculated I was going to run with Tambuwal.
And you are telling me to give away my second tenure to run for what I am not sure of.
When you take a position on certain issues, people will continue to speculate. I am not going to run for the President of Nigeria for now.
In PDP, who are you taking over from? You are taking over from nothing. We just returned to power over a year ago. And then you are talking about the Presidency.
Everybody thinks of taking over from the President. So instead of you to concentrate, you are thinking of taking over.
You don’t even know the minds of Nigeria. The point is that being a ruling party and with Mr. President being there, he won’t allow his party to lose out.
So, how can I begin to contemplate running for Presidency when I know I still have time to provide for my state. It is a distraction.”

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.