Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Argentine President Alberto Fernandez tests positive for coronavirus

 


Argentine President Alberto Fernandez announced late Friday that he has tested positive for COVID-19, this is despite him being vaccinated against the disease.

The President took to Twitter saying, “I wanted to tell you that at the end of today, after presenting a fever record of 37.3 and a slight headache, I performed an antigen test, which was positive.”

Fernandez said he was already isolated, despite the fact that he was still awaiting confirmation through the PCR test.

“I have contacted the people I was meeting with in the last 48 hours to assess whether they constitute close contact to do the isolation.


For everyone’s information I am physically well and, although I would have liked to end my birthday without this news, I am also in good spirits. I am grateful from my soul for the many expressions of affection that you have given me today, remembering my birth.” he said.


The President turned 62 on Friday, and was previously inoculated with the Russian Sputnik V vaccine and had his second shot on February 11, sources in the presidency said.


He further urged people to be very attentive. “I ask everyone to be preserved following the current recommendations. It is clear that the pandemic did not pass and we must continue to take care of ourselves”

Argentina has thus far recorded more than 2.37M and 56,105 deaths.

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.