Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

How I Rediscovered My Goalscoring Form – Iheanacho

 


Super Eagles’ striker, Kelechi Iheanacho has revealed why he was able to rediscover his goalscoring form at his club, Leicester City FC.

In an interview with The Cable, The EPL player of the month award winner attributed it first to God and hard work, adding that his club manager, Brendan Rodgers helped him a lot as well as his teammates.

He said ” First of all, God is responsible for my newfound form. I really worked hard to get to this stage. My manager (Brendan Rodgers) helped me a lot. My teammates as well. I am really happy and grateful for the opportunity. I need to really keep working for more and go higher. The target is to concentrate and make sure that the standard doesn’t drop.”

Speaking on his expectations for Leicester City this season, the 24-year-old striker said many people are expecting a lot but qualifying for the UEFA Champions League next season will be a great achievement for the club.

“People are expecting a lot, the fans as well. We are taking it one game at a time. There are few games left in the Premier League. Hopefully, we should get the needed points to qualify for the UEFA Champions League next season. It will be a great achievement if we can propel Leicester City to the Champions League,” he said.

Iheanacho said it felt really emotional for him after scoring an hat-trick in the Premier League, stating that he has been working towards for so many years.

He ADDED “I’m happy to have scored a hat-trick in the Premier League. It’s something I have been working towards for so many years. I can’t really describe how I felt that day, it was really emotional.”

The striker has got his groove back scored five goals in three league appearances for the Foxes in the lead-up to the international break last month, including his first Premier League hat-trick against Sheffield United.

His goals banging exploit for Leicester City, got him the March Premier League player of the month award.

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.