Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Why I Live In A 3-Bedroom Apartment Despite Being Governor- Gov. Ikpeazu

 


Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu has demonstrated his love for simplicity as he has divulged that he lives in a 3-bedroom apartment in Aba, the capital of Abia state.

Ikpeazu explained that he decided to reside in a three-bedroom apartment in Aba, rather than at the Government House in Umuahia, since he desires to be closer to his people and get used to life outside of power.

He said: “I have spent time in my lodge in Aba. It is a three-bedroom apartment. I don’t know how many governors can reside in this kind of place.

“But I stay here because I want to keep my eyes on the fact that I’m the Governor today, but I will not be the Governor tomorrow.

“I won’t take myself too far away from how I live my life. I will work hard to the point that somebody coming after me will find it difficult to operate unless he is running on this same lane.

In a related development, Okezie Ikpeazu reiterated his commitment to boosting the economic capacity of the state and making it attractive for investments.

He said: “Aba is a priority, the re-tooling of Aba and making it a cash cow, not only for Abia, but South East and Nigeria is work in progress. Nigerians are used to the snap of the button approach, but things don’t happen this way. In the first place, where were we in 2015? In 2015, you could not access Aba from anywhere. Aba gets its ventilation from trans-state commerce from Bayelsa, Port Harcourt to Aba axis; Calabar, Ikot Ekpene to Aba axis and Owerri, Enugu and Umuahia to Aba axis. So, Aba is more of a confluence city where we have a catchment business producing over N60 million from people who come here to do business monthly. If that traffic is not in place, then nothing is happening.

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.