Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

I Don't Know Robin -- Solskjaer Fires Back At Van Persie


Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has hit back at criticism of his management style from former Red Devils striker Robin Van Persie, saying: "I'm not in medieval times."

The Dutchman felt Solskjaer was too upbeat in the aftermath of the 2-0 defeat to Arsenal.

Van Persie said Solskjaer "seems like a really nice guy" but that the Norwegian needed to be more "mean at times" and "more angry" and added: "You need to have fear as well for your coach."

Solskjaer said Van Persie was not in a position to judge his methods.

"I don't know Robin and Robin doesn't know me," he said ahead of his side's FA Cup third-round tie away to Wolves today.

"He probably doesn't have a right to criticise my management style and I won't change.

"That's definite. Robin took my No 20 (shirt) and that's probably all he's going to take from me as well. Because I'm not in medieval times," continued Solskjaer.

The "medieval times" remark was perceived to be Solskjaer defending his man-management methods, which appear far removed from the more autocratic approach of his old United boss Alex Ferguson.

Solskjaer was also asked about criticism of the club in general from Pogba's agent Mino Raiola.

The Italian is reported to have told La Repubblica he would stop sending his clients to United, saying they would "ruin" even a great player.

"I can speak to Paul Pogba. I don't think I should be talking to agents or about agents that talk about us, but Paul Pogba is our player so I will talk with him," said Solskjaer.

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.