Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Okorocha’s Son-In-Law To Be Flown Abroad After He Was Shot During Brawl Over Property

 


Uzor Anwuka, the son-in-law to former Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, is set to be flown abroad for treatment for wounds he sustained in the clash over his father-in-law’s properties.

Anwuka, an American-trained medical doctor, who was shot on the left leg during the clash, and is scheduled to travel abroad for further treatment after undergoing three surgeries.

In his words: On the day of the incident, my father-in-law called me that he was in Owerri to see his seized property and I drove down their to see him.

“On getting there, I saw a crowd of thugs led by one of the governor’s cousins. They had guns, cutlasses and other dangerous weapons, they started harassing everyone including my father-in-law (Okorocha).

“Later, they were asked to round us up and they started shooting, I made an attempt to climb the fence but I was hit by bullet and I fell into the bush and I was there for several hours before I was rescued and brought to the hospital.

“I have been in this hospital for six days and my leg has been operated three times but it is not getting better. So, I will be going out to get a better treatment.”


Okorocha reacted to the violence and said: “No arrest has been made it was the people with me who were macheted that were still arrested. For now, to save the life of my son-in-law is more important to me now than any arrest. The authorities should know what to do. It was a beating galore against my people but I ordered that nobody should shoot,”

No comments:

© 2017 muchtalks.blogspot.com. Theme images by duncan1890. Powered by Blogger.